I have a great idea for a golf tournament. Let’s invite all the so-called teaching gurus to a 72 hole stroke play event and call it “The Guru Invitational”. Like the Masters, we’ll have to make it fairly difficult to qualify for the field. After all, we only want those recognized as true golfing geniuses, the men and women who have figured out a technique and a mental attitude for every possible situation, and have earned a nice living dispensing such knowledge to the masses. So who qualifies to hold the title of “guru”, and thus earns an entry into our elite field? Well, let’s start with anyone who teaches Tour players, be it the PGA Tour, the Senior […]
“In the box” is a phrase I have coined to highlight the importance of having the hips stay deep during the swing. If the head stays out over the ball the deepening of the hips produces an increase in posture during the swing, which means that the head of the golfer will lower both in the backswing and in the first part of the downswing. The Golf Posture Pod is a device that allows you to train this movement while visually measuring whether or not you are being successful at your attempt to deepen the hips during the swing. If you have watched any of my lesson videos you must have noticed that a common mistake among amateur players […]
This was an interesting lesson because I used two different swing aids to help a struggling student.
Most likely, many of you have watched that show on cable where the host brings out a golf instructor, has him or her tell the viewers his philosophy of the golf swing, then orchestrates an extended phone-in session where viewers call in to ask questions of the pro. In fact, you may have even seen me on the show a few years ago.
How many people do you know who truly love their job? I’m sure you could think of one or even a few, but out of all the people you know it probably wouldn’t be a very large percentage. Well, you can count me among those who do.
It is a rare day that I don’t hear the question “So, what do you think about the new technology and how it’s affecting the game?” followed by “Do you think the ball is going too far”?
It’s almost impossible, lying under the covers at night, drifting in and out of sleep, to keep your thoughts from wandering to that one nagging question; “Just how am I going to get better this season?”
Golf is truly a challenge for all those who attempt it. If you are first stopping at this web site I have to figure it’s for a couple of reasons: you are fascinated by the game and therefore are interested to hear or see anything anybody has to say about it, and, more importantly, you want to find something that will help you to improve. When asked about his “goals”, the best player in the world, Tiger Woods, states emphatically that his one goal is to “get better”, and that everything else will take care of itself. As a teacher with 25 years of experience, and as a player who has played in 8 major championships and won numerous titles […]
Not logged in
- Tommy Gainey’s Golf Swing Analysis
- Tiger Woods Now vs. 2000 Golf Swing Analyzed
- Steve Stricker Golf Swing Analysis
- Right Arm Action: The Key to a Superior Strike
- Swing Analysis: Brandel Chamblee Keeps Hammering on Tiger
- Bubba Watson’s Golf Swing Analysis
- Lee Trevino: Golf Swing Analysis
- Holly Sonders and Natalie Gulbis: Swing Analysis and Member’s Poll
- Robert Garrigus: Golf’s Home Run Hitter
- Tiger at the Australian Open: Looking Way Better
- Online Students: David Trungale
- Swing Analysis: Ben Hogan Face On With the Driver 1947
- Playing for Money: Nick Antonelli
- Lesson of the Week: Bruce Gross Part 2
- Bubba and Brian Harman: A Tale of Two Lefties
- You Mean You’re not Supposed to Hold it Like a Bird?
- Lesson of the Week: Bruce Gross
- Swing Analysis: Kevin Stadler
- Thinking About NOT Thinking? THINK AGAIN.
- Playing for Money: Ben Silverman Part 5
- Clint: Steve, I'm sure Wayne will have a great answer as...
- Clint: David's another golfer that has the physique to r...
- Tony Light: Heard Peter Thomson speak at the Australia Club in...
- Ben H: Hi Wayne, Surely an analysis on Patrick Reed is...
- steve strobeck: Great footage I've not seen before. I imagine foo...
- google ads plus advertising: Thanks a bunch for sharing this with all of us you...
- Christian Mauer: Wayne, you mention his superb grip. I tried your ...
- Larry Rogan: Thx Wayne D. I have been a Hogan devotee forever a...
- Clint: Not sure how much Nicklaus talked about modeling h...
- Jesse Cavanaugh: This has always been my favorite Hogan swing. I'...