I thought this was a great example of how sometimes a player can do just about everything wrong and still get away with it. Jimmy Walker grossly under-reads this 5 foot, left to right breaking putt, lines the line up on the ball to his read, then proceeds to take his putter outside and loop it out even more so that it pulls the ball at least a cup left of the hole, after which the ball sneaks in the far right side of the cup. My take on this is that Walker instinctively and subconsciously knew that the putt was going to break way more than he read, and by the time he pulled the trigger he just maneuvered […]
This is one of the most innovative, or desperate, technique changes you will ever see. Wie is actually bent over as close to 90 degrees as you can get over a putt. It is as bizarre a thing as I’ve come across in my 46 years in golf, but hey, whatever works, I guess. It does not appear that she will be able to practice for any length of time like this, however. It does help if you are over 6 feet tall and your legs are about 70% of that. Anyway, she makes the putt and executes a substantial vertical leap. I think she still has eligibility left to play college hoops. Join the forum discussion on this […]
This is a short video in which Steve Stricker, one of the best putters of his generation, demonstrates how lightly he soles the putter on the ground before he starts his backstroke. You can easily see Stricker lifting and bouncing the putter as he sets up, trying to get the weight of the putter in his hands and not pressing down into the grass. He still maintains contact with the ground, but only minimally, which allows him to stabilize the putter (hovering the putter off the ground is difficult to do without it wobbling around) and to start his stroke back smoothly with all upper body movement. I see so many students who either try to grip the putter extra […]
There are a number of important elements in the art of putting but none are more important than rhythm. In this video I put Tiger Woods and Steve Stricker side-by-side as they each hit about a 10 foot putt.
Here is a look at the set up, routine, stroke, rhythm and tempo of the man who can roll it better than anyone else on the planet.
In this putting video I tell you and show you what I know about putting practice, the substance of which comes from all my playing experience as well as my teaching experience.
There is one thing I can tell you that is for sure when it comes to putting: you better find a way to get the ball into the hole, because if you don’t you’re never going to shoot great scores, and you’re never going to be completely happy with a round of golf.
In this putting video I tell you and show you what I know about putting basics, the substance of which comes from all my playing experience as well as my teaching experience.
Not logged in
- Tommy Gainey’s Golf Swing Analysis
- Right Arm Action: The Key to a Superior Strike
- Steve Stricker Golf Swing Analysis
- Swing Analysis: Brandel Chamblee Keeps Hammering on Tiger
- Bubba Watson’s Golf Swing Analysis
- Holly Sonders and Natalie Gulbis: Swing Analysis and Member’s Poll
- Swing Analysis: More Observations on Ben Hogan from the Face-On View
- Robert Garrigus: Golf’s Home Run Hitter
- Playing for Money: Kevin Streelman
- Tiger at the Australian Open: Looking Way Better
- Online Students: Steve Rogers
- The web.com Tour – 2014 Midwest Classic
- Pro Tip of the Week: Flat to Steep
- The 2014 Canadian Open
- Playing for Money: Tom Kite
- Online Students: Matthew Latham Part 2
- Lesson of the Week: Jonathan Wolff
- Pro Tip of the Week: Mommas Don’t Let Your lefty Golfers Grow Up to Play Righty
- Playing for Money: Ben Silverman Part 6
- Swing Analysis: Aaron Baddeley
- Brett: If the feeling in the right arm feels like a side ...
- tom hurst: I have heard a few criticisms of your teaching sty...
- Whitney Hewatt: Wow, thanks for this one as this has justified my ...
- Christian Mauer: I am not yet clear on the value of the short lived...
- michael gwiazdon: Very good look at and explanation. Hard concept fo...