I thought this was a great example of how sometimes a player can do just about everything wrong and still get away with it. Jimmy Walker grossly under-reads this 5 foot, left to right breaking putt, lines the line up on the ball to his read, then proceeds to take his putter outside and loop it out even more so that it pulls the ball at least a cup left of the hole, after which the ball sneaks in the far right side of the cup. My take on this is that Walker instinctively and subconsciously knew that the putt was going to break way more than he read, and by the time he pulled the trigger he just […]
This is one of the most innovative, or desperate, technique changes you will ever see. Wie is actually bent over as close to 90 degrees as you can get over a putt. It is as bizarre a thing as I’ve come across in my 46 years in golf, but hey, whatever works, I guess. It does not appear that she will be able to practice for any length of time like this, however. It does help if you are over 6 feet tall and your legs are about 70% of that. Anyway, she makes the putt and executes a substantial vertical leap. I think she still has eligibility left to play college hoops. Join the forum discussion on this […]
This is a short video in which Steve Stricker, one of the best putters of his generation, demonstrates how lightly he soles the putter on the ground before he starts his backstroke. You can easily see Stricker lifting and bouncing the putter as he sets up, trying to get the weight of the putter in his hands and not pressing down into the grass. He still maintains contact with the ground, but only minimally, which allows him to stabilize the putter (hovering the putter off the ground is difficult to do without it wobbling around) and to start his stroke back smoothly with all upper body movement. I see so many students who either try to grip the putter […]
There are a number of important elements in the art of putting but none are more important than rhythm. In this video I put Tiger Woods and Steve Stricker side-by-side as they each hit about a 10 foot putt.
Here is a look at the set up, routine, stroke, rhythm and tempo of the man who can roll it better than anyone else on the planet.
In this putting video I tell you and show you what I know about putting practice, the substance of which comes from all my playing experience as well as my teaching experience.
There is one thing I can tell you that is for sure when it comes to putting: you better find a way to get the ball into the hole, because if you don’t you’re never going to shoot great scores, and you’re never going to be completely happy with a round of golf.
In this putting video I tell you and show you what I know about putting basics, the substance of which comes from all my playing experience as well as my teaching experience.
Not logged in
- Tommy Gainey’s Golf Swing Analysis
- Tiger Woods Now vs. 2000 Golf Swing Analyzed
- Steve Stricker Golf Swing Analysis
- Swing Analysis: Brandel Chamblee Keeps Hammering on Tiger
- Bubba Watson’s Golf Swing Analysis
- Lee Trevino: Golf Swing Analysis
- Right Arm Action: The Key to a Superior Strike
- Robert Garrigus: Golf’s Home Run Hitter
- Tiger at the Australian Open: Looking Way Better
- Hand Movement From the Top of the Swing: A Look at the Top 20 Golf Players in the World Rankings
- As Seen on TV: Aaron Oberholser Finding More Things Wrong With Tiger
- Swing Analysis: Harris English
- Swing Analysis: Rory McIlroy Uses Revamped Swing to Beat Scott in Australia
- The Art and Science of Learning Golf
- Swing Analysis: Henrik Stenson
- As Seen on TV: Brandel Does Tiger Wrong Again
- Swing Analysis: Wayne D. November, 2013
- Swing Analysis: Lexi Thompson
- Playing For Money: Len Mattiace Part 4
- Swing Analysis: Nancy Lopez
- Mark Osborn: To be fair though Rob, can you think of any Englis...
- john bellantuono: Hey Wayne! I noticed that at 12:25 Stenson has qu...
- Mark Osborn: Love it! Real ales have become really popular have...
- Mark Osborn: I don't get Rory or Tigers' new set-up position ...
- Tom Kirkendall: Great post, Wayne. If you haven't already done so...
- Mark Osborn: Heard you playing harmonica on one of you vid's W...
- russ aragon: I tell students all the time that there are only 3...
- Clint: You're right guys. Across the line is certainly ...
- steve strobeck: Would agree with all the above points. I have hear...
- Clint: A few points: #1: By ignoring Stenson's pre-t...