Have you ever wondered why Tiger Woods is better than Phil Mickelson? I can sum it up in two words: better mechanics. Phil is a great player who plays far beyond what his swing should produce. To put it simply, Phil has poor mechanics. Without going into detail for this piece let’s just say that Phil’s swing puts so much pressure on his hands to time the release that it only works sometimes. And while that is a truism for every player Phil is on the side of “hey, that guy shouldn’t be that good”. And. if you look at his swing, the question arises “how does he hit it so good” when most people are asking “how does he […]
It was a great Saturday at the Masters with McIlroy, Sergio and Couples blowing up while Hanson, Mickelson and Oosthuizen played some great golf and really put on a show.
How could anyone who knows anything about the golf swing say on national TV that Tiger Woods is “coming over the top”. Are you kidding me?
The entire purpose of this video is to record observations of a particular part of the swing as practiced by the top 20 players (according to the “World Rankings”). Too many acceptable variations are castigated by TV announcers who have not done their homework when it comes to knowing what the best players do. Video swing analysis is a powerful tool when it comes to teaching a player how to improve his or her swing.
Enough already with the “Phil’s swing has changed” crap. It hasn’t changed at all, and Mickelson remains the most incredibly talented, completely undisciplined golfer on the planet.
Not logged in
- John Neeson on Pro Tip of the Week: What is The Furthest Left Point?
- Sean Ledonne on Pro Tip of the Week: What is The Furthest Left Point?
- ernie girardin on Pro Tip of the Week: What is The Furthest Left Point?
- Tommy Gainey’s Golf Swing Analysis
- Right Arm Action: The Key to a Superior Strike
- Steve Stricker Golf Swing Analysis
- Swing Analysis: Brandel Chamblee Keeps Hammering on Tiger
- Bubba Watson’s Golf Swing Analysis
- Holly Sonders and Natalie Gulbis: Swing Analysis and Member’s Poll
- Playing for Money: Kevin Streelman
- Robert Garrigus: Golf’s Home Run Hitter
- Swing Analysis: More Observations on Ben Hogan from the Face-On View
- Tiger at the Australian Open: Looking Way Better
- Playing for Money: Tom Kite Part 4
- Playing for Money: Jason Gandy
- Pro Tip of the Week: What is The Furthest Left Point?
- Swing Analysis: Practice Round at the Barclays
- Online Students: Connor Kumpula Part 2
- Playing for Money: Len Mattiace Part 7
- Pro Tip of the Week: Faster is Better
- Online Students: Tommy Lau
- Online Students: Scott Neely
- Online Students: Drew Belt
- John Neeson: Thanks Wayne. I terms of drills to encourage / dev...
- Sean Ledonne: Boy Rory keeps that right arm up and back. Wants n...
- ernie girardin: Nice... would love to hear your take on tiger drop...