Have you ever wondered why Tiger Woods is better than Phil Mickelson? I can sum it up in two words: better mechanics. Phil is a great player who plays far beyond what his swing should produce. To put it simply, Phil has poor mechanics. Without going into detail for this piece let’s just say that Phil’s swing puts so much pressure on his hands to time the release that it only works sometimes. And while that is a truism for every player Phil is on the side of “hey, that guy shouldn’t be that good”. And. if you look at his swing, the question arises “how does he hit it so good” when most people are asking “how does he […]
It was a great Saturday at the Masters with McIlroy, Sergio and Couples blowing up while Hanson, Mickelson and Oosthuizen played some great golf and really put on a show.
How could anyone who knows anything about the golf swing say on national TV that Tiger Woods is “coming over the top”. Are you kidding me?
The entire purpose of this video is to record observations of a particular part of the swing as practiced by the top 20 players (according to the “World Rankings”). Too many acceptable variations are castigated by TV announcers who have not done their homework when it comes to knowing what the best players do. Video swing analysis is a powerful tool when it comes to teaching a player how to improve his or her swing.
Enough already with the “Phil’s swing has changed” crap. It hasn’t changed at all, and Mickelson remains the most incredibly talented, completely undisciplined golfer on the planet.
Not logged in
- Tommy Gainey’s Golf Swing Analysis
- Steve Stricker Golf Swing Analysis
- Tiger Woods Now vs. 2000 Golf Swing Analyzed
- Swing Analysis: Brandel Chamblee Keeps Hammering on Tiger
- Bubba Watson’s Golf Swing Analysis
- Lee Trevino: Golf Swing Analysis
- Right Arm Action: The Key to a Superior Strike
- Tiger at the Australian Open: Looking Way Better
- Robert Garrigus: Golf’s Home Run Hitter
- Hand Movement From the Top of the Swing: A Look at the Top 20 Golf Players in the World Rankings
- Swing Analysis: Harris English
- Swing Analysis: Rory McIlroy Uses Revamped Swing to Beat Scott in Australia
- The Art and Science of Learning Golf
- Swing Analysis: Henrik Stenson
- As Seen on TV: Brandel Does Tiger Wrong Again
- Swing Analysis: Wayne D. November, 2013
- Swing Analysis: Lexi Thompson
- Playing For Money: Len Mattiace Part 4
- Swing Analysis: Nancy Lopez
- Swing Analysis: Graham Delaet
- Mark Osborn: To be fair though Rob, can you think of any Englis...
- john bellantuono: Hey Wayne! I noticed that at 12:25 Stenson has qu...
- Mark Osborn: Love it! Real ales have become really popular have...
- Mark Osborn: I don't get Rory or Tigers' new set-up position ...
- Tom Kirkendall: Great post, Wayne. If you haven't already done so...
- Mark Osborn: Heard you playing harmonica on one of you vid's W...
- russ aragon: I tell students all the time that there are only 3...
- Clint: You're right guys. Across the line is certainly ...
- steve strobeck: Would agree with all the above points. I have hear...
- Clint: A few points: #1: By ignoring Stenson's pre-t...