I realized that I had left out too many cool swings so I added these to the mix: Jonas Blixt Charlie Hoffman Fred Couples Dustin Johnson David Duval Francesco Molinari Walter Hagen Johnny Miller Keegan Bradley Luke Donald Bernhard Langer Hunter Mahan Mateo Manassero Graham McDowell Robert Rock Seve Ballesteros Brandt Snedeker Nick Watney Tom Watson
You know it’s a good tournament if these 5 studs are battling it out in the end. I caught the last 5 holes on DVR and grabbed some interesting shots to look at. Here I make some random observations of various shots, including some putts and short game shots, hit by the 5 protagonists coming down the stretch. Of course, McIlroy birdied every one of the last 5 holes to win, but it’s always cool to watch everything that’s going on with the guys fighting for the lead. Join the forum discussion on this post
If you have been a member of wdglc.com you have probably noticed that there are certain things in the swing that I believe are important.
The entire purpose of this video is to record observations of a particular part of the swing as practiced by the top 20 players (according to the “World Rankings”). Too many acceptable variations are castigated by TV announcers who have not done their homework when it comes to knowing what the best players do. Video swing analysis is a powerful tool when it comes to teaching a player how to improve his or her swing.
When we think of Luke Donald the first thing that comes to mind is the syrupy rhythm and the perfectly balanced finish, which make his swing appear graceful and uncommonly effortless, sort of a refined Fred Couples.
Not logged in
- Tommy Gainey’s Golf Swing Analysis
- Steve Stricker Golf Swing Analysis
- Tiger Woods Now vs. 2000 Golf Swing Analyzed
- Swing Analysis: Brandel Chamblee Keeps Hammering on Tiger
- Bubba Watson’s Golf Swing Analysis
- Lee Trevino: Golf Swing Analysis
- Right Arm Action: The Key to a Superior Strike
- Tiger at the Australian Open: Looking Way Better
- Robert Garrigus: Golf’s Home Run Hitter
- Hand Movement From the Top of the Swing: A Look at the Top 20 Golf Players in the World Rankings
- Swing Analysis: Harris English
- Swing Analysis: Rory McIlroy Uses Revamped Swing to Beat Scott in Australia
- The Art and Science of Learning Golf
- Swing Analysis: Henrik Stenson
- As Seen on TV: Brandel Does Tiger Wrong Again
- Swing Analysis: Wayne D. November, 2013
- Swing Analysis: Lexi Thompson
- Playing For Money: Len Mattiace Part 4
- Swing Analysis: Nancy Lopez
- Swing Analysis: Graham Delaet
- Mark Osborn: To be fair though Rob, can you think of any Englis...
- john bellantuono: Hey Wayne! I noticed that at 12:25 Stenson has qu...
- Mark Osborn: Love it! Real ales have become really popular have...
- Mark Osborn: I don't get Rory or Tigers' new set-up position ...
- Tom Kirkendall: Great post, Wayne. If you haven't already done so...
- Mark Osborn: Heard you playing harmonica on one of you vid's W...
- russ aragon: I tell students all the time that there are only 3...
- Clint: You're right guys. Across the line is certainly ...
- steve strobeck: Would agree with all the above points. I have hear...
- Clint: A few points: #1: By ignoring Stenson's pre-t...