It would probably surprise you to find out that if you are an amateur and have a handicap above scratch there is a very good possibility that your overall tempo is too slow, and that your rhythm is off because your backswing is too slow relative to your forward swing.
Punch shots, split-hand punch shots, right hand only shots, all of these help to train the ability to lean the club forward at impact and deliver a “trapping”, or “covering” blow.
It is essential that you understand what the optimum impact position is for each club, and what adjustments you need to make in your setup and swing to achieve these positions.
Many great players don’t come into impact on the shaft plane, but I still prefer to aim for this.
A further look at creating lag in the swing, here specifically relating the golf swing motion to a low sidearm throwing motion.
Lag is what separates the “haves” from the “have-nots” in the game of golf.
An important discussion of the action of the left and right wrist during the swing, as well as the concept of “squeezing” the arms together in transition and into the downswing
This continues the discussion of the downswing pivot movement to and through impact.
This is the movement that keeps the arms from swinging “over the top”
Here we go over the movement of the pivot, the arms, the hands and wrists, and the club.
Not logged in
- Tommy Gainey’s Golf Swing Analysis
- Steve Stricker Golf Swing Analysis
- Swing Analysis: Brandel Chamblee Keeps Hammering on Tiger
- Right Arm Action: The Key to a Superior Strike
- Bubba Watson’s Golf Swing Analysis
- Holly Sonders and Natalie Gulbis: Swing Analysis and Member’s Poll
- Robert Garrigus: Golf’s Home Run Hitter
- Tiger at the Australian Open: Looking Way Better
- Tiger’s New Swing: An Analysis-Dec. 2010
- Angel Cabrera: Old School Golf Swing Analyzed
- As Seen on TV: Chamblee is Dead Wrong Again
- Tip of the Week: How Can Baseball Help Your Golf Swing?
- The P.A.T. Project: Student Lesson: CJ D’Arco Part 5
- Major Championships: It’s all about the Course and what it means to win
- “In the box” for Better Impact – With Help From The Posture Pod
- Lesson of the Week: Justin Duffie Part 6
- Testimonials: Tamim Mohammad
- How to Play Golf Without Thinking
- Tip of the Week: Sink More Putts Under Pressure
- Swing Analysis: John Senden