As I was going through my DVR of the 1st round of the U.S. Open I was reminiscing about my own play there in the 1981 championship, and I recalled hitting a few practice shots out of the bunker to the right of the 18th green. From the bottom of the bunker I could barely see the top of the wicker basket, and the green was like a tabletop, so anything other than a perfect shot was going to be a bogey, and that on a hole that I was hitting 2-iron or fairway wood to the green for my second shot. The shots here played by McIlroy and Westwood give a great visual of the difficulties presented by […]
More of the swings I find interesting to watch. Gary Player Ian Poulter Alvaro Quiros Justin Rose Charl Schwartzel Jeff Sluman Sam Snead Tiger Woods Lee Trevino Yani Tseng Ken Venturi Lee Westwood Charlie Wi Join the forum discussion on this post
A 67 for Westwood and a 68 for Louis have them holding the 1 and 2 spots after day 1 at the Masters, so they get the look-see in this video.
The entire purpose of this video is to record observations of a particular part of the swing as practiced by the top 20 players (according to the “World Rankings”). Too many acceptable variations are castigated by TV announcers who have not done their homework when it comes to knowing what the best players do. Video swing analysis is a powerful tool when it comes to teaching a player how to improve his or her swing.
Not logged in
- Tommy Gainey’s Golf Swing Analysis
- Tiger Woods Now vs. 2000 Golf Swing Analyzed
- Steve Stricker Golf Swing Analysis
- Swing Analysis: Brandel Chamblee Keeps Hammering on Tiger
- Bubba Watson’s Golf Swing Analysis
- Lee Trevino: Golf Swing Analysis
- Right Arm Action: The Key to a Superior Strike
- Robert Garrigus: Golf’s Home Run Hitter
- Tiger at the Australian Open: Looking Way Better
- Hand Movement From the Top of the Swing: A Look at the Top 20 Golf Players in the World Rankings
- As Seen on TV: Aaron Oberholser Finding More Things Wrong With Tiger
- Swing Analysis: Harris English
- Swing Analysis: Rory McIlroy Uses Revamped Swing to Beat Scott in Australia
- The Art and Science of Learning Golf
- Swing Analysis: Henrik Stenson
- As Seen on TV: Brandel Does Tiger Wrong Again
- Swing Analysis: Wayne D. November, 2013
- Swing Analysis: Lexi Thompson
- Playing For Money: Len Mattiace Part 4
- Swing Analysis: Nancy Lopez
- Mark Osborn: To be fair though Rob, can you think of any Englis...
- john bellantuono: Hey Wayne! I noticed that at 12:25 Stenson has qu...
- Mark Osborn: Love it! Real ales have become really popular have...
- Mark Osborn: I don't get Rory or Tigers' new set-up position ...
- Tom Kirkendall: Great post, Wayne. If you haven't already done so...
- Mark Osborn: Heard you playing harmonica on one of you vid's W...
- russ aragon: I tell students all the time that there are only 3...
- Clint: You're right guys. Across the line is certainly ...
- steve strobeck: Would agree with all the above points. I have hear...
- Clint: A few points: #1: By ignoring Stenson's pre-t...