As I was going through my DVR of the 1st round of the U.S. Open I was reminiscing about my own play there in the 1981 championship, and I recalled hitting a few practice shots out of the bunker to the right of the 18th green. From the bottom of the bunker I could barely see the top of the wicker basket, and the green was like a tabletop, so anything other than a perfect shot was going to be a bogey, and that on a hole that I was hitting 2-iron or fairway wood to the green for my second shot. The shots here played by McIlroy and Westwood give a great visual of the difficulties presented by […]
More of the swings I find interesting to watch. Gary Player Ian Poulter Alvaro Quiros Justin Rose Charl Schwartzel Jeff Sluman Sam Snead Tiger Woods Lee Trevino Yani Tseng Ken Venturi Lee Westwood Charlie Wi Join the forum discussion on this post
A 67 for Westwood and a 68 for Louis have them holding the 1 and 2 spots after day 1 at the Masters, so they get the look-see in this video.
The entire purpose of this video is to record observations of a particular part of the swing as practiced by the top 20 players (according to the “World Rankings”). Too many acceptable variations are castigated by TV announcers who have not done their homework when it comes to knowing what the best players do. Video swing analysis is a powerful tool when it comes to teaching a player how to improve his or her swing.
Not logged in
- Tommy Gainey’s Golf Swing Analysis
- Tiger Woods Now vs. 2000 Golf Swing Analyzed
- Steve Stricker Golf Swing Analysis
- Right Arm Action: The Key to a Superior Strike
- Swing Analysis: Brandel Chamblee Keeps Hammering on Tiger
- Bubba Watson’s Golf Swing Analysis
- Lee Trevino: Golf Swing Analysis
- Holly Sonders and Natalie Gulbis: Swing Analysis and Member’s Poll
- Robert Garrigus: Golf’s Home Run Hitter
- Tiger at the Australian Open: Looking Way Better
- Online Students: David Trungale
- Swing Analysis: Ben Hogan Face On With the Driver 1947
- Playing for Money: Nick Antonelli
- Lesson of the Week: Bruce Gross Part 2
- Bubba and Brian Harman: A Tale of Two Lefties
- You Mean You’re not Supposed to Hold it Like a Bird?
- Lesson of the Week: Bruce Gross
- Swing Analysis: Kevin Stadler
- Thinking About NOT Thinking? THINK AGAIN.
- Playing for Money: Ben Silverman Part 5
- Clint: Steve, I'm sure Wayne will have a great answer as...
- Clint: David's another golfer that has the physique to r...
- Tony Light: Heard Peter Thomson speak at the Australia Club in...
- Ben H: Hi Wayne, Surely an analysis on Patrick Reed is...
- steve strobeck: Great footage I've not seen before. I imagine foo...
- google ads plus advertising: Thanks a bunch for sharing this with all of us you...
- Christian Mauer: Wayne, you mention his superb grip. I tried your ...
- Larry Rogan: Thx Wayne D. I have been a Hogan devotee forever a...
- Clint: Not sure how much Nicklaus talked about modeling h...
- Jesse Cavanaugh: This has always been my favorite Hogan swing. I'...