As I was going through my DVR of the 1st round of the U.S. Open I was reminiscing about my own play there in the 1981 championship, and I recalled hitting a few practice shots out of the bunker to the right of the 18th green. From the bottom of the bunker I could barely see the top of the wicker basket, and the green was like a tabletop, so anything other than a perfect shot was going to be a bogey, and that on a hole that I was hitting 2-iron or fairway wood to the green for my second shot. The shots here played by McIlroy and Westwood give a great visual of the difficulties presented by the […]
More of the swings I find interesting to watch. Gary Player Ian Poulter Alvaro Quiros Justin Rose Charl Schwartzel Jeff Sluman Sam Snead Tiger Woods Lee Trevino Yani Tseng Ken Venturi Lee Westwood Charlie Wi Join the forum discussion on this post
A 67 for Westwood and a 68 for Louis have them holding the 1 and 2 spots after day 1 at the Masters, so they get the look-see in this video.
The entire purpose of this video is to record observations of a particular part of the swing as practiced by the top 20 players (according to the “World Rankings”). Too many acceptable variations are castigated by TV announcers who have not done their homework when it comes to knowing what the best players do. Video swing analysis is a powerful tool when it comes to teaching a player how to improve his or her swing.
Not logged in
- Tommy Gainey’s Golf Swing Analysis
- Right Arm Action: The Key to a Superior Strike
- Steve Stricker Golf Swing Analysis
- Swing Analysis: Brandel Chamblee Keeps Hammering on Tiger
- Bubba Watson’s Golf Swing Analysis
- Holly Sonders and Natalie Gulbis: Swing Analysis and Member’s Poll
- Swing Analysis: More Observations on Ben Hogan from the Face-On View
- Robert Garrigus: Golf’s Home Run Hitter
- Playing for Money: Kevin Streelman
- Tiger at the Australian Open: Looking Way Better
- Online Students: Steve Rogers
- The web.com Tour – 2014 Midwest Classic
- Pro Tip of the Week: Flat to Steep
- The 2014 Canadian Open
- Playing for Money: Tom Kite
- Online Students: Matthew Latham Part 2
- Lesson of the Week: Jonathan Wolff
- Pro Tip of the Week: Mommas Don’t Let Your lefty Golfers Grow Up to Play Righty
- Playing for Money: Ben Silverman Part 6
- Swing Analysis: Aaron Baddeley
- Brett: If the feeling in the right arm feels like a side ...
- tom hurst: I have heard a few criticisms of your teaching sty...
- Whitney Hewatt: Wow, thanks for this one as this has justified my ...
- Christian Mauer: I am not yet clear on the value of the short lived...
- michael gwiazdon: Very good look at and explanation. Hard concept fo...