As I was going through my DVR of the 1st round of the U.S. Open I was reminiscing about my own play there in the 1981 championship, and I recalled hitting a few practice shots out of the bunker to the right of the 18th green. From the bottom of the bunker I could barely see the top of the wicker basket, and the green was like a tabletop, so anything other than a perfect shot was going to be a bogey, and that on a hole that I was hitting 2-iron or fairway wood to the green for my second shot. The shots here played by McIlroy and Westwood give a great visual of the difficulties presented by the […]
More of the swings I find interesting to watch. Gary Player Ian Poulter Alvaro Quiros Justin Rose Charl Schwartzel Jeff Sluman Sam Snead Tiger Woods Lee Trevino Yani Tseng Ken Venturi Lee Westwood Charlie Wi Join the forum discussion on this post
A 67 for Westwood and a 68 for Louis have them holding the 1 and 2 spots after day 1 at the Masters, so they get the look-see in this video.
The entire purpose of this video is to record observations of a particular part of the swing as practiced by the top 20 players (according to the “World Rankings”). Too many acceptable variations are castigated by TV announcers who have not done their homework when it comes to knowing what the best players do. Video swing analysis is a powerful tool when it comes to teaching a player how to improve his or her swing.
Not logged in
- John Neeson on Pro Tip of the Week: What is The Furthest Left Point?
- Sean Ledonne on Pro Tip of the Week: What is The Furthest Left Point?
- ernie girardin on Pro Tip of the Week: What is The Furthest Left Point?
- Tommy Gainey’s Golf Swing Analysis
- Right Arm Action: The Key to a Superior Strike
- Steve Stricker Golf Swing Analysis
- Swing Analysis: Brandel Chamblee Keeps Hammering on Tiger
- Bubba Watson’s Golf Swing Analysis
- Holly Sonders and Natalie Gulbis: Swing Analysis and Member’s Poll
- Playing for Money: Kevin Streelman
- Swing Analysis: More Observations on Ben Hogan from the Face-On View
- Robert Garrigus: Golf’s Home Run Hitter
- Tiger at the Australian Open: Looking Way Better
- Playing for Money: Jason Gandy
- Pro Tip of the Week: What is The Furthest Left Point?
- Swing Analysis: Practice Round at the Barclays
- Online Students: Connor Kumpula Part 2
- Playing for Money: Len Mattiace Part 7
- Pro Tip of the Week: Faster is Better
- Online Students: Tommy Lau
- Online Students: Scott Neely
- Online Students: Drew Belt
- Pro Tip of the Week: Hogan’s Home Plate
- John Neeson: Thanks Wayne. I terms of drills to encourage / dev...
- Sean Ledonne: Boy Rory keeps that right arm up and back. Wants n...
- ernie girardin: Nice... would love to hear your take on tiger drop...