Steve Stricker has had an amazing year considering he pared back his schedule a huge amount, only playing in 13 events but winning over $4 million dollars with four second place finishes and a bunch of other good results eventually qualifying for the President’s Cup team, which he played in instead of going on a long planned hunting trip. He played great golf again in the President’s Cup, and it is here that we have Johnny discussing Steve’s swing, suggesting that it is the one that young players should be emulating. His reasoning is, as usual, fairly simplistic and not very well thought out, although it certainly would be nice to be able to do what Stricker seems to […]
Matsuyama has played some great golf recently and performed well at the President’s Cup. His swing is quite noticeable for its exceedingly slow tempo going back and explosive acceleration coming through. As is usually the case, Johnny Miller waits for a player to hit a bad shot and makes a comment about whatever stands out as idiosyncratic about the player’s swing. No different here, as a shot left out to the right is caused, according to Miller, by Matsuyama’s abrupt transition. “He needs to smooth it out”, says Johnny, not understanding that Matsuyama’s tempo dictates that he utilize a less than smooth change of direction. If a player is going to almost come to a complete stop at the […]
I realized that I had left out too many cool swings so I added these to the mix: Jonas Blixt Charlie Hoffman Fred Couples Dustin Johnson David Duval Francesco Molinari Walter Hagen Johnny Miller Keegan Bradley Luke Donald Bernhard Langer Hunter Mahan Mateo Manassero Graham McDowell Robert Rock Seve Ballesteros Brandt Snedeker Nick Watney Tom Watson
As long as Johnny Miller insists on saying stupid things about Tiger Woods I will insist on making these videos that point out his ridiculous statements. It is my contention that what Miller says is important, and that when he (unintentionally) misleads the viewing public on matters of swing technique I am doing those viewers a service by pointing out his errors and hoping that someday he will view one of these and see that he should stop carrying on about lowering during the swing. I mean, can I make it any clearer? I mean, Miller himself lowered a tremendous amount in his downswing, at least as much as Tiger if not more. That in itself is more than revealing: […]
Yes, Johnny Miller was a great player, a major champion. Yes, he hit the ball (for a time) as well as anyone in his era. Yes, you would think he would know a ton about the golf swing and about the players who have been great in the past, and thus it would be educational to listen to what he had to say on the subject.
Johnny gives priceless advice to Mickelson, Harrington and Kim, and educates us all on the Laws of Physics, according to Johnny, of course. I always think golf is really hard until I hear Johnny explain it.
In this clip Brad Faxon makes a telling observation about Robert Allenby’s swing, and Johnny follows immediately by completely, and seemingly unknowingly, contradicting everything Faxon has just said.
Tiger Woods, Ben Hogan, Johnny Miller, Brandel Chamblee – Swing Analysis
Not logged in
- Tommy Gainey’s Golf Swing Analysis
- Steve Stricker Golf Swing Analysis
- Swing Analysis: Brandel Chamblee Keeps Hammering on Tiger
- Right Arm Action: The Key to a Superior Strike
- Bubba Watson’s Golf Swing Analysis
- Holly Sonders and Natalie Gulbis: Swing Analysis and Member’s Poll
- Robert Garrigus: Golf’s Home Run Hitter
- Tiger at the Australian Open: Looking Way Better
- Angel Cabrera: Old School Golf Swing Analyzed
- Tiger’s New Swing: An Analysis-Dec. 2010
- Lesson of the Week: Chris Lane Part 2
- As Seen on TV: Chamblee is Dead Wrong Again
- Tip of the Week: How Can Baseball Help Your Golf Swing?
- The P.A.T. Project: Student Lesson: CJ D’Arco Part 5
- Major Championships: It’s all about the Course and what it means to win
- “In the box” for Better Impact – With Help From The Posture Pod
- Lesson of the Week: Justin Duffie Part 6
- Testimonials: Tamim Mohammad
- How to Play Golf Without Thinking
- Tip of the Week: Sink More Putts Under Pressure