I realized that I had left out too many cool swings so I added these to the mix: Jonas Blixt Charlie Hoffman Fred Couples Dustin Johnson David Duval Francesco Molinari Walter Hagen Johnny Miller Keegan Bradley Luke Donald Bernhard Langer Hunter Mahan Mateo Manassero Graham McDowell Robert Rock Seve Ballesteros Brandt Snedeker Nick Watney Tom Watson
The entire purpose of this video is to record observations of a particular part of the swing as practiced by the top 20 players (according to the “World Rankings”). Too many acceptable variations are castigated by TV announcers who have not done their homework when it comes to knowing what the best players do. Video swing analysis is a powerful tool when it comes to teaching a player how to improve his or her swing.
This video looks at the execution of a simple pitch shot, made anything but simple by the extreme pressure of the moment. It is the 17th hole of the last match of the Ryder Cup. The outcome of the entire affair rests on this last 2-ball. Hunter Mahan is two-down, and needs an up-and-down to possibly extend the match, as it is certain that Graeme McDowell will make no worse than bogey, and being already two- up, win the match if Mahan makes bogey. Mahan has just hit an exceptional pitch on the previous hole, one more difficult than this one, only to watch McDowell hole a 20 footer to win the hole. Now it is a matter of […]
Mahan stays centered over the ball (little or no movement to the right in the backswing) and works his arms deep across his body. Sound familiar? His best attribute is his brilliant use of his lower body, which more than makes up for his overly bent right arm.
Not logged in
- Tommy Gainey’s Golf Swing Analysis
- Steve Stricker Golf Swing Analysis
- Tiger Woods Now vs. 2000 Golf Swing Analyzed
- Right Arm Action: The Key to a Superior Strike
- Swing Analysis: Brandel Chamblee Keeps Hammering on Tiger
- Bubba Watson’s Golf Swing Analysis
- Lee Trevino: Golf Swing Analysis
- Holly Sonders and Natalie Gulbis: Swing Analysis and Member’s Poll
- Robert Garrigus: Golf’s Home Run Hitter
- Tiger at the Australian Open: Looking Way Better
- Playing for Money: Nick Antonelli
- Lesson of the Week: Bruce Gross Part 2
- Bubba and Brian Harman: A Tale of Two Lefties
- You Mean You’re not Supposed to Hold it Like a Bird?
- Lesson of the Week: Bruce Gross
- Swing Analysis: Kevin Stadler
- Thinking About NOT Thinking? THINK AGAIN.
- Playing for Money: Ben Silverman Part 5
- Playing for Money: Jeremy Wells Part 2
- Swing Analysis: Rickie Fowler’s “Minor Changes”
- Philip Palmer: Great analysis Wayne ! Again I would wager that ph...
- steve strobeck: It would appear that the flattening of the shaft i...
- Clint: The bowed wrist in transition is causing a slight ...
- Clint: Stadler is stocky, Hogan was slender. But the two...
- Clint: Bruce, by the end of your session with Wayne you a...
- Jesse Cavanaugh: Something that I have always kind of wondered abou...
- Jesse Cavanaugh: The fact that you take the time to post and analyz...
- Jesse Cavanaugh: After I watched this video, my goal ask Wayne if h...
- Jesse Cavanaugh: Wayne, glad to be back! Great article as usual. ...
- Clint: Harman's takeaway looks like a waggle, so casual ...