I realized that I had left out too many cool swings so I added these to the mix: Jonas Blixt Charlie Hoffman Fred Couples Dustin Johnson David Duval Francesco Molinari Walter Hagen Johnny Miller Keegan Bradley Luke Donald Bernhard Langer Hunter Mahan Mateo Manassero Graham McDowell Robert Rock Seve Ballesteros Brandt Snedeker Nick Watney Tom Watson
The entire purpose of this video is to record observations of a particular part of the swing as practiced by the top 20 players (according to the “World Rankings”). Too many acceptable variations are castigated by TV announcers who have not done their homework when it comes to knowing what the best players do. Video swing analysis is a powerful tool when it comes to teaching a player how to improve his or her swing.
This video looks at the execution of a simple pitch shot, made anything but simple by the extreme pressure of the moment. It is the 17th hole of the last match of the Ryder Cup. The outcome of the entire affair rests on this last 2-ball. Hunter Mahan is two-down, and needs an up-and-down to possibly extend the match, as it is certain that Graeme McDowell will make no worse than bogey, and being already two- up, win the match if Mahan makes bogey. Mahan has just hit an exceptional pitch on the previous hole, one more difficult than this one, only to watch McDowell hole a 20 footer to win the hole. Now it is a matter of simply […]
Mahan stays centered over the ball (little or no movement to the right in the backswing) and works his arms deep across his body. Sound familiar? His best attribute is his brilliant use of his lower body, which more than makes up for his overly bent right arm.
Not logged in
- Tommy Gainey’s Golf Swing Analysis
- Right Arm Action: The Key to a Superior Strike
- Steve Stricker Golf Swing Analysis
- Swing Analysis: Brandel Chamblee Keeps Hammering on Tiger
- Bubba Watson’s Golf Swing Analysis
- Holly Sonders and Natalie Gulbis: Swing Analysis and Member’s Poll
- Playing for Money: Kevin Streelman
- Swing Analysis: More Observations on Ben Hogan from the Face-On View
- Robert Garrigus: Golf’s Home Run Hitter
- Tiger at the Australian Open: Looking Way Better
- Swing Analysis: Rickie Fowler Modifies his Changes
- Pro Tip of the Week: Right Arm at Address and it’s Action in the Backswing
- Online Students: Allie Economou Part 2
- Playing for Money: Tom Kite Part 2
- Online Students: Steve Rogers
- The web.com Tour – 2014 Midwest Classic
- Pro Tip of the Week: Flat to Steep
- The 2014 Canadian Open
- Playing for Money: Tom Kite
- Online Students: Matthew Latham Part 2
- Mark Osborn: "...Oh, come on." Hasamsmartarse. Where's your ...
- Mark Osborn: Why be cryptic? At least have the guts to provide ...
- David Hasamnesia: Ciao. Now this, surely, is an edifying assessment ...