Join the forum discussion on this post
It would probably surprise you to find out that if you are an amateur and have a handicap above scratch there is a very good possibility that your overall tempo is too slow, and that your rhythm is off because your backswing is too slow relative to your forward swing.
Many great players don’t come into impact on the shaft plane, but I still prefer to aim for this.
A further look at creating lag in the swing, here specifically relating the golf swing motion to a low sidearm throwing motion.
Lag is what separates the “haves” from the “have-nots” in the game of golf.
An important discussion of the action of the left and right wrist during the swing, as well as the concept of “squeezing” the arms together in transition and into the downswing
This continues the discussion of the downswing pivot movement to and through impact.
This is the movement that keeps the arms from swinging “over the top”
Here we go over the movement of the pivot, the arms, the hands and wrists, and the club.
We have discussed the feel of compression in the feet, and now we go over the body movement that creates that feeling of pressure into the ground.
Not logged in
- Tommy Gainey’s Golf Swing Analysis
- Tiger Woods Now vs. 2000 Golf Swing Analyzed
- Steve Stricker Golf Swing Analysis
- Swing Analysis: Brandel Chamblee Keeps Hammering on Tiger
- Bubba Watson’s Golf Swing Analysis
- Lee Trevino: Golf Swing Analysis
- Right Arm Action: The Key to a Superior Strike
- Tiger at the Australian Open: Looking Way Better
- Robert Garrigus: Golf’s Home Run Hitter
- Angel Cabrera Old School Golf Swing Analyzed
- Lesson of the Week: Chris Mauer
- As Seen on TV: Aaron Oberholser Finding More Things Wrong With Tiger
- Swing Analysis: Harris English
- Swing Analysis: Rory McIlroy Uses Revamped Swing to Beat Scott in Australia
- The Art and Science of Learning Golf
- Swing Analysis: Henrik Stenson
- As Seen on TV: Brandel Does Tiger Wrong Again
- Swing Analysis: Wayne D. November, 2013
- Swing Analysis: Lexi Thompson
- Playing For Money: Len Mattiace Part 4
- Mark Osborn: To be fair though Rob, can you think of any Englis...
- john bellantuono: Hey Wayne! I noticed that at 12:25 Stenson has qu...
- Mark Osborn: Love it! Real ales have become really popular have...
- Mark Osborn: I don't get Rory or Tigers' new set-up position ...
- Tom Kirkendall: Great post, Wayne. If you haven't already done so...
- Mark Osborn: Heard you playing harmonica on one of you vid's W...
- russ aragon: I tell students all the time that there are only 3...
- Clint: You're right guys. Across the line is certainly ...
- steve strobeck: Would agree with all the above points. I have hear...
- Clint: A few points: #1: By ignoring Stenson's pre-t...