Join the forum discussion on this post
It would probably surprise you to find out that if you are an amateur and have a handicap above scratch there is a very good possibility that your overall tempo is too slow, and that your rhythm is off because your backswing is too slow relative to your forward swing.
Many great players don’t come into impact on the shaft plane, but I still prefer to aim for this.
A further look at creating lag in the swing, here specifically relating the golf swing motion to a low sidearm throwing motion.
Lag is what separates the “haves” from the “have-nots” in the game of golf.
An important discussion of the action of the left and right wrist during the swing, as well as the concept of “squeezing” the arms together in transition and into the downswing
This continues the discussion of the downswing pivot movement to and through impact.
This is the movement that keeps the arms from swinging “over the top”
Here we go over the movement of the pivot, the arms, the hands and wrists, and the club.
We have discussed the feel of compression in the feet, and now we go over the body movement that creates that feeling of pressure into the ground.
Not logged in
- Tommy Gainey’s Golf Swing Analysis
- Tiger Woods Now vs. 2000 Golf Swing Analyzed
- Steve Stricker Golf Swing Analysis
- Right Arm Action: The Key to a Superior Strike
- Swing Analysis: Brandel Chamblee Keeps Hammering on Tiger
- Bubba Watson’s Golf Swing Analysis
- Lee Trevino: Golf Swing Analysis
- Holly Sonders and Natalie Gulbis: Swing Analysis and Member’s Poll
- Robert Garrigus: Golf’s Home Run Hitter
- Tiger at the Australian Open: Looking Way Better
- Online Students: David Trungale
- Swing Analysis: Ben Hogan Face On With the Driver 1947
- Playing for Money: Nick Antonelli
- Lesson of the Week: Bruce Gross Part 2
- Bubba and Brian Harman: A Tale of Two Lefties
- You Mean You’re not Supposed to Hold it Like a Bird?
- Lesson of the Week: Bruce Gross
- Swing Analysis: Kevin Stadler
- Thinking About NOT Thinking? THINK AGAIN.
- Playing for Money: Ben Silverman Part 5
- Clint: Steve, I'm sure Wayne will have a great answer as...
- Clint: David's another golfer that has the physique to r...
- Tony Light: Heard Peter Thomson speak at the Australia Club in...
- Ben H: Hi Wayne, Surely an analysis on Patrick Reed is...
- steve strobeck: Great footage I've not seen before. I imagine foo...
- google ads plus advertising: Thanks a bunch for sharing this with all of us you...
- Christian Mauer: Wayne, you mention his superb grip. I tried your ...
- Larry Rogan: Thx Wayne D. I have been a Hogan devotee forever a...
- Clint: Not sure how much Nicklaus talked about modeling h...
- Jesse Cavanaugh: This has always been my favorite Hogan swing. I'...