Chris is a good example of great instincts impeded by poor mechanics. Chris’ backswing is fraught with problems, but his forward swing recovers nicely and finds an approach worthy of a top notch player. Watching this I couldn’t help but think that if Chris could clean up some of the major issues in the first half of his swing that he could really come up with some good ball striking. Usually players have to pay more attention to the downswing than the backswing, but I think in this case it will be far more beneficial in the short and long runs to get the backswing on plane so that his forward swing instincts will not have so many obstacles when […]
Arguably the greatest woman golfer of all time, Ben Hogan stated that he thought Mickey Wright had the best swing of anyone, male or female, that he had ever seen.
At first glance it might seem that Jason Day creates tremendous speed by just using his arms, as his body seems to move far less than most Tour pros, at least in the backswing. That, however, is only partially true. What is true is that unlike most of his counterparts Day does not lower at all in the backswing or in transition.
Here we go over the movement of the pivot, the arms, the hands and wrists, and the club.
We have discussed the feel of compression in the feet, and now we go over the body movement that creates that feeling of pressure into the ground.
Not logged in
- Tommy Gainey’s Golf Swing Analysis
- Right Arm Action: The Key to a Superior Strike
- Steve Stricker Golf Swing Analysis
- Swing Analysis: Brandel Chamblee Keeps Hammering on Tiger
- Bubba Watson’s Golf Swing Analysis
- Holly Sonders and Natalie Gulbis: Swing Analysis and Member’s Poll
- Playing for Money: Kevin Streelman
- Robert Garrigus: Golf’s Home Run Hitter
- Swing Analysis: More Observations on Ben Hogan from the Face-On View
- Tiger at the Australian Open: Looking Way Better
- Pro Tip of the Week: Do NOT Maintain Your Posture During a Golf Swing
- Playing for Money: Jason Gandy Part 2
- Playing for Money: Tom Kite Part 4
- Testimonials: Russ Aragon
- Playing for Money: Jason Gandy
- Pro Tip of the Week: What is The Furthest Left Point?
- Swing Analysis: Practice Round at the Barclays
- Online Students: Connor Kumpula Part 2
- Playing for Money: Len Mattiace Part 7
- Pro Tip of the Week: Faster is Better