Chris is a good example of great instincts impeded by poor mechanics. Chris’ backswing is fraught with problems, but his forward swing recovers nicely and finds an approach worthy of a top notch player. Watching this I couldn’t help but think that if Chris could clean up some of the major issues in the first half of his swing that he could really come up with some good ball striking. Usually players have to pay more attention to the downswing than the backswing, but I think in this case it will be far more beneficial in the short and long runs to get the backswing on plane so that his forward swing instincts will not have so many obstacles […]
Arguably the greatest woman golfer of all time, Ben Hogan stated that he thought Mickey Wright had the best swing of anyone, male or female, that he had ever seen.
At first glance it might seem that Jason Day creates tremendous speed by just using his arms, as his body seems to move far less than most Tour pros, at least in the backswing. That, however, is only partially true. What is true is that unlike most of his counterparts Day does not lower at all in the backswing or in transition.
Here we go over the movement of the pivot, the arms, the hands and wrists, and the club.
We have discussed the feel of compression in the feet, and now we go over the body movement that creates that feeling of pressure into the ground.
Not logged in
- Tommy Gainey’s Golf Swing Analysis
- Steve Stricker Golf Swing Analysis
- Tiger Woods Now vs. 2000 Golf Swing Analyzed
- Right Arm Action: The Key to a Superior Strike
- Swing Analysis: Brandel Chamblee Keeps Hammering on Tiger
- Bubba Watson’s Golf Swing Analysis
- Lee Trevino: Golf Swing Analysis
- Holly Sonders and Natalie Gulbis: Swing Analysis and Member’s Poll
- Robert Garrigus: Golf’s Home Run Hitter
- Tiger at the Australian Open: Looking Way Better
- Swing Analysis: Patrick Reed
- Lesson of the Week: Bruce Gross Part 3
- Online Students: David Trungale
- Swing Analysis: Ben Hogan Face On With the Driver 1947
- Playing for Money: Nick Antonelli
- Lesson of the Week: Bruce Gross Part 2
- Bubba and Brian Harman: A Tale of Two Lefties
- You Mean You’re not Supposed to Hold it Like a Bird?
- Lesson of the Week: Bruce Gross
- Swing Analysis: Kevin Stadler
- Al Gordon: Hi Mr DeFrancesco, great analysis as usual. I thi...
- Jay Bowden: Great stuff Wayne, I like the idea of the cord str...
- Steve Bohreer: Great lesson Wayne. Lots of good information....
- Duane: Sorry his hands swing down the target line and tha...
- Clint: Steve, I'm sure Wayne will have a great answer as...
- Clint: David's another golfer that has the physique to r...
- Tony Light: Heard Peter Thomson speak at the Australia Club in...
- Ben H: Hi Wayne, Surely an analysis on Patrick Reed is...
- steve strobeck: Great footage I've not seen before. I imagine foo...
- google ads plus advertising: Thanks a bunch for sharing this with all of us you...