Chris is a good example of great instincts impeded by poor mechanics. Chris’ backswing is fraught with problems, but his forward swing recovers nicely and finds an approach worthy of a top notch player. Watching this I couldn’t help but think that if Chris could clean up some of the major issues in the first half of his swing that he could really come up with some good ball striking. Usually players have to pay more attention to the downswing than the backswing, but I think in this case it will be far more beneficial in the short and long runs to get the backswing on plane so that his forward swing instincts will not have so many obstacles […]
Arguably the greatest woman golfer of all time, Ben Hogan stated that he thought Mickey Wright had the best swing of anyone, male or female, that he had ever seen.
At first glance it might seem that Jason Day creates tremendous speed by just using his arms, as his body seems to move far less than most Tour pros, at least in the backswing. That, however, is only partially true. What is true is that unlike most of his counterparts Day does not lower at all in the backswing or in transition.
Here we go over the movement of the pivot, the arms, the hands and wrists, and the club.
We have discussed the feel of compression in the feet, and now we go over the body movement that creates that feeling of pressure into the ground.
Not logged in
- Tommy Gainey’s Golf Swing Analysis
- Steve Stricker Golf Swing Analysis
- Swing Analysis: Brandel Chamblee Keeps Hammering on Tiger
- Right Arm Action: The Key to a Superior Strike
- Bubba Watson’s Golf Swing Analysis
- Holly Sonders and Natalie Gulbis: Swing Analysis and Member’s Poll
- Tiger at the Australian Open: Looking Way Better
- Robert Garrigus: Golf’s Home Run Hitter
- Tiger’s New Swing: An Analysis-Dec. 2010
- Angel Cabrera: Old School Golf Swing Analyzed
- Tip of the Week: Staying “In The Box”
- Swing Analysis: Harris English Demonstrates the “Hands Out” Move
- Lesson of the Week: Chris Lane Part 2
- As Seen on TV: Chamblee is Dead Wrong Again
- Tip of the Week: How Can Baseball Help Your Golf Swing?
- The P.A.T. Project: Student Lesson: CJ D’Arco Part 5
- Major Championships: It’s all about the Course and what it means to win
- “In the box” for Better Impact – With Help From The Posture Pod
- Lesson of the Week: Justin Duffie Part 6
- Testimonials: Tamim Mohammad