Chris is a good example of great instincts impeded by poor mechanics. Chris’ backswing is fraught with problems, but his forward swing recovers nicely and finds an approach worthy of a top notch player. Watching this I couldn’t help but think that if Chris could clean up some of the major issues in the first half of his swing that he could really come up with some good ball striking. Usually players have to pay more attention to the downswing than the backswing, but I think in this case it will be far more beneficial in the short and long runs to get the backswing on plane so that his forward swing instincts will not have so many obstacles […]
Arguably the greatest woman golfer of all time, Ben Hogan stated that he thought Mickey Wright had the best swing of anyone, male or female, that he had ever seen.
At first glance it might seem that Jason Day creates tremendous speed by just using his arms, as his body seems to move far less than most Tour pros, at least in the backswing. That, however, is only partially true. What is true is that unlike most of his counterparts Day does not lower at all in the backswing or in transition.
Here we go over the movement of the pivot, the arms, the hands and wrists, and the club.
We have discussed the feel of compression in the feet, and now we go over the body movement that creates that feeling of pressure into the ground.
Not logged in
- Tommy Gainey’s Golf Swing Analysis
- Tiger Woods Now vs. 2000 Golf Swing Analyzed
- Steve Stricker Golf Swing Analysis
- Swing Analysis: Brandel Chamblee Keeps Hammering on Tiger
- Bubba Watson’s Golf Swing Analysis
- Lee Trevino: Golf Swing Analysis
- Right Arm Action: The Key to a Superior Strike
- Tiger at the Australian Open: Looking Way Better
- Robert Garrigus: Golf’s Home Run Hitter
- Angel Cabrera Old School Golf Swing Analyzed
- Swing Analysis: Rory McIlroy Uses Revamped Swing to Beat Scott in Australia
- The Art and Science of Learning Golf
- Swing Analysis: Henrik Stenson
- As Seen on TV: Brandel Does Tiger Wrong Again
- Swing Analysis: Wayne D. November, 2013
- Swing Analysis: Lexi Thompson
- Playing For Money: Len Mattiace Part 4
- Swing Analysis: Nancy Lopez
- Swing Analysis: Graham Delaet
- Playing for Money: Jermey Wells
- Mark Osborn: I don't get Rory or Tigers' new set-up position ...
- Tom Kirkendall: Great post, Wayne. If you haven't already done so...
- Mark Osborn: Heard you playing harmonica on one of you vid's W...
- russ aragon: I tell students all the time that there are only 3...
- Clint: You're right guys. Across the line is certainly ...
- steve strobeck: Would agree with all the above points. I have hear...
- Clint: A few points: #1: By ignoring Stenson's pre-t...
- Mark Osborn: Tony, Tiger and Scott both hit the shaft plane...
- russ aragon: Nice WD way to keep yourself real!...
- Tony Light: Mark, I must admit your description has surpris...