Not much to say here except that this is the best golf swing I have seen (of course, this is my opinion: that’s what you get here at WDGLC) I have seen since Hogan. I can’t imagine how the rest of the competitors, and that includes Rory McIlroy, are going to beat him if he is even somewhat “on”. It would appear that his short game, putting, and shot making abilities have returned full force, and his swing is better than ever, and I include any of the years that people will bring up, including 2000. I realize that he played better in 2000 than any other year (“played” in italics) and hit the ball great, but I think his technique is at a higher level now and that he is poised for great things if he can stay as healthy as he seems to be now. Watching Lee Trevino still suggest that Tiger should go back to Butch is cringe inducing, especially with Butch playing into the suggestion that Tiger would be better off with him. Tiger’s grasp of the golf swing is far beyond what Harmon is capable of, and Foley has helped him get there. Tiger will put all the Butch Harmon nonsense to rest with a new career “era” that will be as successful as any he achieved under Harmon or Haney. And yes, that means he is going to break Jack’s record convincingly, and will be regarded as the best player of all time, regardless of what naysayers like Brandel Chamblee spout on the air and in the media.
Swing Analysis: Tiger Woods Wins at Torrey Pines 2013
About Wayne DeFrancesco
Not logged in
- Tommy Gainey’s Golf Swing Analysis
- Steve Stricker Golf Swing Analysis
- Tiger Woods Now vs. 2000 Golf Swing Analyzed
- Swing Analysis: Brandel Chamblee Keeps Hammering on Tiger
- Bubba Watson’s Golf Swing Analysis
- Lee Trevino: Golf Swing Analysis
- Right Arm Action: The Key to a Superior Strike
- Tiger at the Australian Open: Looking Way Better
- Robert Garrigus: Golf’s Home Run Hitter
- Hand Movement From the Top of the Swing: A Look at the Top 20 Golf Players in the World Rankings
- Swing Analysis: Harris English
- Swing Analysis: Rory McIlroy Uses Revamped Swing to Beat Scott in Australia
- The Art and Science of Learning Golf
- Swing Analysis: Henrik Stenson
- As Seen on TV: Brandel Does Tiger Wrong Again
- Swing Analysis: Wayne D. November, 2013
- Swing Analysis: Lexi Thompson
- Playing For Money: Len Mattiace Part 4
- Swing Analysis: Nancy Lopez
- Swing Analysis: Graham Delaet
- Mark Osborn: To be fair though Rob, can you think of any Englis...
- john bellantuono: Hey Wayne! I noticed that at 12:25 Stenson has qu...
- Mark Osborn: Love it! Real ales have become really popular have...
- Mark Osborn: I don't get Rory or Tigers' new set-up position ...
- Tom Kirkendall: Great post, Wayne. If you haven't already done so...
- Mark Osborn: Heard you playing harmonica on one of you vid's W...
- russ aragon: I tell students all the time that there are only 3...
- Clint: You're right guys. Across the line is certainly ...
- steve strobeck: Would agree with all the above points. I have hear...
- Clint: A few points: #1: By ignoring Stenson's pre-t...
Articles As Seen on TV Basic Ben Hogan Crossing the Line Drill: Pre-Set Punch Shot Drill: Punch Shot Drill: Stop and Go Drive 45 Female Flipping Free Full Swing Golf Swing Analysis Hands On High Approach In to Out Late Rotation Lesson of the Week Lesson Series Lifting Multi Player Online Students Open Out of the Box Over Swinging PCGS DVD Stream Pinched Right Elbow Pivot Compression Golf Swing Playing for Money Posture Premium Right Arm Action Rory McIlroy SBTK Sequencing Short Game SITGHS Student Lesson The Masters Tiger Woods Underneath the Plane Wayne's World Weekly Blog Wayne D's Swing Wide Approach