As long as Johnny Miller insists on saying stupid things about Tiger Woods I will insist on making these videos that point out his ridiculous statements. It is my contention that what Miller says is important, and that when he (unintentionally) misleads the viewing public on matters of swing technique I am doing those viewers a service by pointing out his errors and hoping that someday he will view one of these and see that he should stop carrying on about lowering during the swing. I mean, can I make it any clearer? I mean, Miller himself lowered a tremendous amount in his downswing, at least as much as Tiger if not more. That in itself is more than revealing: it means that Miller has no real idea of what made him so great, only what he “felt” that he did. I am dealing with what is in front of me. It is my contention that video does not lie, and that if you do the homework and study your subject matter these items that I continually point out are fairly obvious. The great players have not “maintained their level” during their swings. Not in the past, and not now. The best players of any generation you want to view lowered during their swings, some only in the downswing (Nelson, Miller), and some only in the backswing, and most both back and down. Why this is so hard to accept I can’t begin to tell you. I happen to believe that it is a tremendous benefit to all golfers to learn to use the ground to help create powerful pivot movement. Having Miller, Gary Koch, Bill Kratzert, Peter Kostis, Brandel Chamblee and whoever else you want to name continue to mislead the public on this important point is something I intend to continue to address. So if you watch the telecast and hear one of these guys spouting off on someone’s “dipping” problem you can expect another video from me.
Johnny Just Doesn’t Get It
About Wayne DeFrancesco
Not logged in
- Tommy Gainey’s Golf Swing Analysis
- Tiger Woods Now vs. 2000 Golf Swing Analyzed
- Steve Stricker Golf Swing Analysis
- Swing Analysis: Brandel Chamblee Keeps Hammering on Tiger
- Bubba Watson’s Golf Swing Analysis
- Lee Trevino: Golf Swing Analysis
- Right Arm Action: The Key to a Superior Strike
- Robert Garrigus: Golf’s Home Run Hitter
- Tiger at the Australian Open: Looking Way Better
- Angel Cabrera Old School Golf Swing Analyzed
- Swing Analysis: Matteo Manassero
- Lesson of the Week: Joey Lane Part 3
- Lesson of the Week: Zachary Turek
- Swing Analysis: Ian Poulter Makes Nice Changes
- Lesson of the Week: Chris Mauer
- As Seen on TV: Aaron Oberholser Finding More Things Wrong With Tiger
- Swing Analysis: Harris English
- Swing Analysis: Rory McIlroy Uses Revamped Swing to Beat Scott in Australia
- The Art and Science of Learning Golf
- Swing Analysis: Henrik Stenson
- Scott Clark: WayneD, Do you believe that a golfer can overco...
- Christian Mauer: Thanks for the lesson....
- asher ingber: One key that everyone is missing...you can hit up ...
- Adam Bazalgette: Wyne, Great article. I really enjoy your analys...
- steve strobeck: Great catch on this new move. Thanks for your dedi...
- Joe: yeah. that's the definition of a full release wi...
- Alex Hooper: I love the view of Tiger's new swing at the 14 mi...
- Mark Osborn: To be fair though Rob, can you think of any Englis...
- john bellantuono: Hey Wayne! I noticed that at 12:25 Stenson has qu...
- Mark Osborn: Love it! Real ales have become really popular have...
Articles As Seen on TV Basic Ben Hogan Crossing the Line Drill: Pre-Set Punch Shot Drill: Punch Shot Drill: Stop and Go Drive 45 Female Flipping Free Full Swing Golf Swing Analysis Hands On High Approach In to Out Late Rotation Lesson of the Week Lesson Series Lifting Multi Player Online Students Open Out of the Box Over Swinging PCGS DVD Stream Pinched Right Elbow Pivot Compression Golf Swing Playing for Money Posture Premium Right Arm Action Rory McIlroy SBTK Sequencing Short Game SITGHS Student Lesson The Masters Tiger Woods Underneath the Plane Wayne's World Weekly Blog Wayne D's Swing Wide Approach